Sunday, October 16, 2011

“Impressions”

Welcome to the first posting of devotionals, a brief insight sparked by the Heavenly Father to remind us of scriptural truths.  May His Word capture your heart and encourage your day. 
__________________________________________________________________________________


“Impressions”

Ephesians 5:1 (NIV) Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.


On my walk this morning, I strolled under the freeway underpass, the soft dirt showing impressions of u-shaped marks grouped to indicate the trot of a horse.  I don’t know about you, but when I think about a horse, images of beauty and strength come to mind as well as a healthy fear and respect for a majestic creature. 
 
Can you picture footprints of someone special God has placed in your life? And what about you? What character traits might one assign by the footprints you leave along the path of someone else?

Lord, some people’s lives I step into for a little while and then step out; others Lord, I walk alongside for most of my days.  May each step, each impression I leave, be shaped to your image Lord, an impression unmovable by the winds of time.  Amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment