Friday, March 16, 2012

A Devoted Saint to the Emerald Isle

I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

It is said that Saint Patrick, Patron Saint of Ireland, drove the snakes out of the country.

The snake-tatooed arms of the Druids were probably more like it.

St. Patrick used a Shamrock to illustrate the Trinity, three parts of one leaf equals one leaf, all are of one leaf, Father Son, Holy Spirit;  All God.                                                                                            
 Tomorrow as you sit down to watch a little basketball, eat some corn beef and cabbage or put a little Bailey's in your Coffee, be reminded of the work done in the name of our Lord many centuries ago. Probably in the 5th century, at  age 16, Patrick was captured and enslaved to Ireland.  After escaping and returning to his home land, he converted, becoming  a True Believer, one set on a mission to spread the Gospel of Christ. He then went back to Ireland to do the Lord's work.

Oh Lord, as I read this prayer, may I be ever conscious of Your Spirit and may I live my life as if I am conscious of this very thing. Amen.
                               
   HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY                                                    
                                                   
From Saint Patrick's Breastplate
Christ be with me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ in me
Christ beneath me
Christ above me
Christ on my right
Christ on my left
Christ where I lie
Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ in the heart of every man
who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of every man
who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me
Salvation is of the Lord.
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment