Friday, December 27, 2013

Resolved to Pursue



Romans 14:19 "So then let us pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." 


How many of you already are contemplating your "New Year's Resolutions?" Are they the same ones as last year? 

HA!  I say that because one of mine is!  Guilty. 

When I think back on 2013, a crazy, violent, polarizing--sad year for our country, our world,  I believe, one has to reflect on the personal. We've all been faced with taking a stand, judging others and a continued debate on many moral and ethical issues. If you're active at all in social media and I assume you are if you're reading this, you know what I mean. 

As the yearend approaches, these questions arise as I ponder the next year. 

What has changed for me, what am I doing better, what do I need to pursue more of? What changes need to be made? Where do I place my passion? Am I actively preparing, equipping myself for the battle that continues to ramp up? 

It's simple really. Pursue MORE of GOD. Let Him continue to change me. 

How can I know Him more intimately? Serve Him, be more Christ-like?

 ...Reflect Him in this darkened world. 

Like a car that needs a tune-up and oil change, rotation of the tires and an alignment, it sure isn't going to happen if it stays parked in the driveway. 

To pursue requires an action, movement towards something, towards the Source of our very existance; molded and fitted into His Will.  

Debating, complaining, wordy explanations, attempts at convincing, justifying and co-dependancy; all our positive Facebook posts and good intentions will not spark change unless I am pursuing the Holy Spirit first. Change in myself and others will not happen through any of the above, but through the super-natural. Prayer wafts up to stir the Super Natural Will of God. In my giving up of my will, I receive His. To pursue is to sacrifice. 




And God gets the Glory for He is seen as the Divine Transformer, the One to be pursued. 

Do you know someone who could use a little "building up?"  

Is peace of mind possible in a world gone stark-raving mad?

Pursue Holiness and allow Him to lovingly pursue you. Watch, wait and be willing... change begins to happen and you become one little domino standing ready to tap the next.  

Thank you followers for a great year of Footnotes.  I am blessed.  

I wish you Joy in the New Year.
Deep, peaceful, mindful of God's-in-Control-Joy! 

Father God, I pray for this New Year. For the pursuit and the pursuer of Holiness. May this resolute journey take us to places where the unexplained are revealed, where weariness is restored. Let us look to a horizon shining with promise. Let our meandering walk become a run towards You.  I pray for fellowship and friendship to encourage that pursuit. Light us up Lord, with shining Words coming forth from the Holy Scriptures, words that melt and cling like warm wax dripping from desire of more of You in the Holy Spirit. Indwell us with Your power, Your Love. May our pursuit light the way for others to know You and make Your Son known, Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the One who is to come. Amen. 








2 comments:

  1. It is in the pursuit that His Hand molds our character. Looking forward to another year of the pursuit together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coleene, thank you for sharing this thought-provoking post. I wish you a glorious, joyful and peaceful 2014!

    ReplyDelete