Friday, January 24, 2014

Divine Delivery

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NASB) "And the Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear, or be dismayed."


Last week, Amazon announced a potential program they are calling "anticipatory shipping."

"http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/01/18/amazon-anticipates-orders/4637895/

Based on customers prior shopping habits, purchases, and wish lists, Amazon plans on sending your package before you hit the "complete my order" button.  The market experts are watching what you buy and predicting with confidence what you NEED to purchase, so much so, they are willing to package it up and send it to you before you officially shop. I am "anticipating" that Amazon feels that a "bird in the hand" is money in the bank!  If I was to receive something in the mail from Amazon based on my last several purchases, it just might be a coffee cup with a picture of Denzel Washington on it or a crocheted Snoopy hat!  Actually, when I think about it, I might keep both of those!  Maybe this might work!




This week, my brother-in-law experienced answers to prayers that were not specifically sent or anticipated. Our loving God made His way AHEAD of him in a situation dealing with his and my husband's elderly parents. The delivery came speedy and efficiently, giving us continued hope in a difficult situation. I know prayers were sent generally, but God made a way through the heavenly places, shipping off a generous supply of grace and truth before we knew what was happening.

Many times we do not know all the in and outs, problematic dilemmas, snafus or our own neglectful  blunders, even the ideas and assumptions of others that may affect us. When we live a life of faith, a life that consistently relys on His great power, His sovereign grace, His protection and His wisdom, we can be assured that He goes ahead of us. He's packaging up an answer, a blessing, an encouraging friend, a verse, a message of hope, even a song on the radio,  before we even order up our prayers and hit the "Amen" button.

I know this without a doubt, God orchestrates people and situations in my life that keep me accountable, reveal His Love, and answer a prayer beyond what I could even imagine. This week, God guided my family in such away it became obvious to several of us that God's omnipresence and omniscience flew in ahead of a situation we did not know. His delivery was timely and perfect! Opening up His goodness, we see His name all over it. That encouragement propels us to continue to seek His wisdom in the important decisions we are making concerning the care of our parents. This was a good week.

The Lord knows us. He knows our HABITS, our HEARTS and our HOPES.

Lord, I am so thankful to you because sometimes I forget to hit the "complete the order" button; I am so "wrapped" up in  myself, so unprepared at times, forgetful, busy...well a lot of times, overwhelmed. Lead me Lord to the quiteness of your Word, where I can shop for what fills my order with strength, hope and expectant COMPLETE deliveries! Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment