Friday, June 27, 2014

Clear the Way

Isaiah 40: 3-8 A voice is calling,"Clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rugged terrain a broad valley; then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and the flesh will see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken,"















A voice says, "Call out."

The he answered, "What shall I call out?"






All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, 







But the word of our God stands forever. 




Sometimes we have so much in the way. Our past, our regrets, our fears, our unwillingness to let some things go, things we even think define us. Even other people stand in our path, or physical things block our view of what He longs to teach us, lavish upon us.  I find the most amazing moments with God come at the time I am most transparent. When I've purged, cried out in a wilderness, poughed under and dumpstered my sins, my faithlessness, my petty concerns, asked forgiveness, God blesses me with his mercy. Many times it is so tangible. This world is a bleak, vast and empty place without seeing the glory of God. Every daylight, I long for God to break through and show me his glory. The wilderness is wild and worldy. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. 




Writing a book on grief and God's journey in recovery, frequently I am in awe- struck wonder and must  set aside my keyboad and grab my journal for the amazing things God is teaching and showing me. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are doing the work of the Lord and the Holy Spirit is IN IT!. Scripture tells us if you seek Him, you will find Him. 

God is waiting. If you're stalling out, pull over. He'll jump start your day until you get to the next place and then he'll replace the battery. You'll soon find your own voice He has ordained in you to bring Him glory in the wilderness. You are a beautiful story and God wants to tell it!  

The Word of God is relevant and true for Your life in this day. Open it. Be filled in His grace. 

Lord, thank you for bringing us through the wilderness. We, made in Your image, bloom for Your glory. One day, our fading flesh will wither as a flower. Help me Lord, to fly on wings like eagles, to continue to be a voice of encouragment and inspiration. What you do in our hearts and in eternity, lives on forever and in that I am grateful to be a part of Your glorious design, to know You and make You known. Amen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment