Friday, November 15, 2013

The Wonder of it All!


Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders.

The seasons take their sweet time coming upon us here in the Southland. Fall seems to be officially here when the Halloween candy disappears and the pyramid display of Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing is teetering at the entrance of every favorite grocery store.  

Just once I'd like to...nah...

This week the sun shined bright and a few records were set in the high 80's and even the 90's. Finally, Friday felt like fall.  I missed snapping a picture, but the leaves piled everywhere on campus; thick and rustling underfoot. I thought of my good friend and co-worker traveling back to Indianapolis this week, supporting her daughter and our high school band and color guard at the National's, the major high school band competition. Christina and her husband took some time to see "fall" in the midwest (or is that back east?) and she sent me this picture. 




My niece who attends ASU in Tempe, sent me this desert perspective of the Arizona sky. 


  

Capturing the full moon last night, a glowing ring around it and a smattering of clouds starting to form, a promise of sprinkles made me hope for more. My skin begs for it.   





Today, while leaving campus, the trees clapping and shedding, blackbirds swooping in, unafraid of teenagers, I looked to the Heavens and captured this moment. 





A lesson in a short, beautifully depicted video shared this week in one class, benign of any deep spiritual stand (for that could not happen), encouraged one to look at all that surrounds and take in the WONDER, the specialness. Let's be intentional in recognizing that every day, every moment for some...for all of us, lies a gift. God in His Word said it very clear, "Be still, and known that I am God." 

I agree. While some seemed amazed by this "revelation," this inspirational wisdom, it only confirmed to me what I already know and soak in everyday through God's Word.  No cinemotographer scripted this.  God's Word says it loud and clear. 


Gratefulness births peace. 
Thanksgiving heals. 
Everyday miracles around us, humbles.
The Heavens declare His Glory
And in His Wonders, I bring Worship.  

Thank you Lord, that peace, healing, humbleness, and true worship comes in fluttering fall leaves and the chipper of a blackbird, in the swirling orange sherbert and angel contrails of a desert sky, in the moonbeam reflection of a nightime canvas painted by Your hands, and in the promise of a soaking of Your love, billowed up in graceful clouds framing Your Light, the Light in which I count my blessings and tell of Your Wonders.  Amen. 

2 comments: