Friday, October 2, 2015

A "Freshening" Upwards

Lamentations 3: 22-24 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! 
        His mercies never cease.  
Great is His faithfulness;
        His mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance,
        Therefore, I will hope in Him." 


I've missed a few weeks posting. Starting back to work, Friday night football games and a mini trip out of town last weekend, provided an excuse for not getting some words, some thoughts on this site, but I continue to fill my own heart with the Words of the Lord and inspire these same words in other opportunities God gives me to shine His light.  God is good and when you just know that and see and feel it continuously, I want to shout out His goodness and point others to see and experience it as well. Like leaves from a tree in early fall, I am ready to gather again, gather more!




The word I am thinking about tonight: FRESH.

I just finished renewing my Disneyland Pass!  Now I look forward to a whole new FRESH year to enjoy the Park and all its Magic.



It's Oct 2nd, and after the hottest September I can remember, today was refreshingly beautiful!


FRESH, as in a brand new paint job on our rented townhouse.  I've been steadily watching the progress on the other units since last Spring, knowing by late summer, they'd reach ours. It happened this week. Not sure which color scheme we'd end up with, I came home Tuesday to find a pallet choice I hoped for and soon the trim would compliment it. Today, the job is complete and I moved a few pots and tables back into place and stood back. A FRESH new look and an update; our little place looks awesome!

FRESH!  Now this one is BIG. As a Special Education one on one aide, this year started out a little different--my prospective new student never showed up. Without going into detail, --"sort of in-limbo," and feeling rather insecure in where and when I might be reassigned, I've tried to remain under the radar, still working in the classroom and doing my job.  First, I only found out a few days before school, I'd be back at my same campus, but working with a different population, the moderate to severe. Not quite sure about this, I plowed ahead. After a few weeks of getting to know the kids and co-workers,  I liked this assignment, I wanted to stay. (God always knows what He is doing).

God made that happen in a peculiar--well in a way that only points to Him. A position opened up in the same classroom for a collaborative (teacher's) aide. I applied and I got it. The Lord gave me a fresh start in a new classroom with 10 new students, 4 new co-workers, and a FRESH start at learning new things and using my gifts in a new job. The desire of my heart was to stay at my same site. He gave that to me and then some. Thank you Lord.

God blessed me with a creative spirit and I just love brainstorming FRESH ideas. While taking the kids out in the community, my teacher found these Cheetos shaped liked parts of a skeleton. She showed them to me, how cute they were and thought that somehow we could use these in our domestic lessons for October, (we cook and bake a lot). I had the idea of placing them with a frosting on a cracker. So down the aisle we headed and came up with this FRESH idea. The kids had fun making them, using their fine motor skills to spread the chocolate and preserves and finding the bones to make a skeleton. And you know what?  They tasted pretty good!  I decided to name them "Graveyard Cakes"  

Ingredients

(Seasonal) Bag of "Skeletal Bones" Cheetos
Headstone: Rice Cakes (flavor of choice) 
Dirt: Nutella or Chocolate Spread
Blood and Guts: Strawberry jelly

Bone-Appetit' !  

Lord, thank you for always freshening up my life!  You DO make things new all the time. Walking with You and wanting to live in faith teaches me to expect and hope for Your fresh ideas for me and my ministries. Your Word Lord gives me renewed strength and fresh insight when I read and ask for Your wisdom. When I sit and listen to Your teaching, I am refreshed, encouraged, ready and equipped to share your Hope in a spoiled and stale world. Lord, I do not want to be dry bones, tossed aside and brittle when it comes to knowing You and serving You. Help me Lord to always be reactivated, fresh and alive, piled high in faithfulness and expecting refreshing and new things, all for Your glory, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment