Friday, February 24, 2012

Grace's Song


Psalm 90:14-17

New Living Translation (NLT)

 14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love,
      so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
 15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery!
      Replace the evil years with good.
 16 Let us, your servants, see you work again;
      let our children see your glory.
 17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval
      and make our efforts successful.
      Yes, make our efforts successful!


Five years ago, flu-ravaged and twisted up in a waiting room of ICU surrounded by True Believers, the vigil began. Minutes passed into hours and a sun rose and set several times, unaware. We waited, we visited, we prayed, we watched his breath rise with anticipation only to dwindle with despair. Grace's song opened the Heavens.

Surgeon came, took the challenge when no one would. But I knew already. Grace's song hummed the second chorus. 

Husband walked toward me, that long hallway, wretched in pain to shake his head and look to me in the eyes of my soul, trying to grab back the words...but Grace's Song rolled the stone.

The world turned dark and the earth shook and my heart and brain crashed together in a head-on collision. Fatal but not final. Grace's song swept up the debris. 

In these five years, Grace's Song surrounds me. Comfort, understanding, provision, fellowship, joy and purpose hold my thoughts and my emotions in place, capturing words of faith and love that wedge the stone away. 

Grace's song sings Resurrection. Grace's song sings Eternal Life. Grace's Song sings Hope.  

Grace's song never dies. 

Thank you Lord for every note of Grace's song and may the symphony You are conducting in my life be a sweet rhapsody of everlasting Love. 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I didn't tap my toes, but I did want to raise my hands.

    ReplyDelete