Friday, April 13, 2012

Shock and Awe

Jeremiah 10:13 When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.










Today, for a few hours, the rain came down in torrents, the thunder boomed right over head and lightning flashed.  In So. California, we don't experience this too often, and everyone gets quite excited.  By myself, I admit, the thunderous booms shook the house and made me a little nervous as well. 


What power!  


I am in awe. 


This week, I wanted to put away and store the collected words like raindrops, written in several  journals of some stormy days in my life. In that search and shuffle, God checked in and gave me an updated weather report.  The clouds parted, the Son shined bright into my heart and a rainbow appeared; a promise that He is faithful. He gave me a gift I thought to be washed away in the flood waters of lost memories.  

What power!

I remain in awe.

Thank you Lord for making your love for me so personal and so beautiful. Though the rain has subsided, it drenched the earth, soaking a soul ready to burst forth with blooms of inspiration and continued words to bring you glory. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment