Friday, October 19, 2012

All That is Within Me


Psalm 103 Bless the Lord, All You People...


I found a marked up scripture this afternoon, Psalm 103. Circled and dated, it said, "Timmy, Thanksgiving 2006." Our son passed on to Heaven, February 2007.  I studied the words on this NephCure Walk Eve, Oct. 2012. 
 
"Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul." 

Within my soul lies memories, heartbreak and unspeakable joy at what the Lord gives me, promises me, inspires me too.  

"who pardons all my iniquities,"

It doesn't say some iniquities, it doesn't say when you're good enough, it doesn't say when you do certain rituals. It tells me of a God who knows all of me, and is full of grace, ready to give to all who ask. 

"Who heals all your diseases."

 How do I figure this verse out in light of loss?

Eternal perspective. 

Always and forever do I think this way.  That gives me peace. 

"Who redeems your life from the pit."

The pit of grief is deep, but yes, God pulls me out with arms of special friends, wings of scripture, and legs and knees that move with a renewed purpose.        

"Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;"

I hope to share that crown as I walk for NephCure. 

"Who satisfies your years with good things,"

I write for God's glory. My encouragement continues and I wait on the Lord and listen for His inspiration.

"So that your youth is renewed like the eagle."

Brave, strong, symbol of freedom. 
Free to fly home wrapped in Amazing Grace. 
Free to know Him more and more.

 And Tim says,  "Bless the Lord, O my soul. Amen." 







2 comments:

  1. I want to keep flying with your eagles and soar for the heights! Nice, up close look at Psalm 103. Bless you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you today. May the unspeakable joy you shared with Timmy be first and foremost on your mind today as you walk (fly - or should I say SOAR!) with renewed purpose. The Lord holds you in His arms, catches your every tear and knows your heart.

    ReplyDelete