Friday, November 7, 2014

No Longer

II Corinthians 5: 15 "...and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for him who died and rose again on their behalf." 



We sort of went the wrong way home from Chino Hills tonight, a little longer loop around the city. 

"That's OK, my husband says. We'll drive by the church and say hi!" 

It's Friday night. No one is there. 

We skirt around Peyton from Chino Hills Pkwy. and the property is dark. 

But Ted doesn't miss the opportunity. 





"Hi CVCC. See you on Sunday!"

I just smile and feel the blessing for a time existed when seeing or even stepping inside the church only happened for him on Easter and Christmas, maybe an Awana event. 

No longer.  






I liked reading poetry, great multi-chaptered novels and dabbled in my own rhymes, my own stories. I always took great notes. I kept a journal now and then.  Sometimes, my words spoke back to me and I felt God. 

No one will get this stuff. It's too personal. Maybe I'm just a crazy dreamer. 

"That's OK, the Lord says. Trust me and I'll do wonders."

I type out a few things, create a blog or two and I hit send. I enter a room in a library with other "aspiring writers" opening journals and sharing. I witness an amazing  community with other  "crazy dreamers" and God sits right in the center. 

I just smile and feel a blessing for a time existed when my heart felt heavy and my words messy, tripping along a very uncertain path. 

No longer.  

NO LONGER!   

Thank you Lord for Your Resurrection and mine.  You are NO LONGER dead, but alive in me and through me. Never did You hold anything from me. Your sovereign plan allowed for times when I waited, I prayed, to find hope, and began to trust--a process of story, building up a faith and long-lasting joy in the outcome. No longer do I wonder if You are active in my life for You show Yourself everyday. Thank You, that I know that all things work together for Your glory. You Lord,  turn those "how much longer God?" moments into praises of glory, no longer doubting in Your plan. Help me to keep at it, no longer drifting as if unanchored. Show me everyday the way to press into Your plan in every thought and deed. Amen.  


Reflection for your journal: What is your "no longer?" praise to the Lord.  

Comments and sharing is encouraged.  Thank you.  

1 comment:

  1. It is with amazement that I look back at where you have been and where you are now. I rejoice in your joy and am inspired to keep putting words to paper, publishing blogs, spreading His Word!

    ReplyDelete